Apply for Council Tax Support and/or Housing Benefit

Use this form to make a claim for:

  • Council Tax Support - help with your Council Tax

  • Housing Benefit - help towards your rent

  • Second Adult Rebate - help with Council Tax for pensioners whose income is too high to qualify for Council Tax Support, but who live with someone who is not their partner, is 18 or over, does not pay rent and is on a low income

We will also use the information you give us to check if you can get free school meals.

You will need:

  • your National Insurance number (and your partner's if applicable)
    • full names and dates of birth of everyone in your household
      • your household's income, benefits and savings
        • your landlord's details (if you are claiming Housing Benefit), the amount of rent you pay and any charges included in your rent, such as water or electricity

        • Continue with a saved form

          You will need the reference and password you were given when you saved the form.